What do I mean when I talk about “casing”? I’m not talking about a case of soda or a case that holds stamps. I’m talking about COPY AND SHARE EVERYTHING!
Do you sometimes lose your creativity and have no idea where to start? That’s where casing is so helpful! You can copy exactly or branch out & end up with something totally different. There are tons of places to case from… the Stampin’ Up! catalog, a class you’ve been to or a blog you follow, or did I mention Pinterest?!! It’s perfectly fine to CASE someone’s work. In fact, I’m flattered when people CASE mine. But just make sure you give credit to the original artist!
Another place you’ll find projects to CASE is my newsletter! I share lots of tutorials that are exclusive to my subscribers. To sign up, just look for “Subscribe to my Articles” on the side bar & fill in your name & email. You’ll receive a newsletter from me each week with current Stampin’ Up! news, ideas, tips, & tutorials.
Today at Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration we are CASING our team member, Darla Roberts.
Here’s Darla’s card that I decided to CASE. I liked the simple design and wanted to see what I could do with it.
Here’s what I came up with:
I’ll tell you some of the things I LOVE about this card:
- Santa’s Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper has flocking on one side! Mrs. Claus’ apron is soft & fuzzy!!
- I cut out Mrs. Claus using Santa’s Signpost Framelits Dies!
- I love the way Stampin’ Up! stamps & papers coordinate! The sentiment is from Candy Cane Season & the candy canes are from a cute host set: Hung With Care.
- Poppy Parade is a great color!
- This card came together in just a few minutes!
Before I go… there are only 2 DAYS LEFT of the World Card Making Day SALE!
Time to check out the SSINK PAGE to see what the others have CASED from Darla.Be sure to use this month's Hostess Code: PVYVRMGA/strong>