The Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspriation team has Spring Fever! Thanks for joining us today to see what says “Spring” to all of us!
Spring had me reaching for the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper, which is covered with gorgeous floral designs. The best thing about it is the colors! You’ve got the pinks & purples and then there’s the blues & greens. Today I’ll be playing around with the blue/green papers.
I made a Double Gate Fold Card, which shows off this paper beautifully!
I just love it!! I added that small circle with the flower on the right & stuck it on using a Dimensional. It’s meant to tuck the large circle underneath to secure it.
There’s a coordinating Stamp Set (of course!) called Blooms & Wishes. I love how Stampin’ Up! has papers, stamps, and colors that all coordinate!!
Here’s another version I made that steps it up a bit:
Can you find the difference? No wasted DSP here! And look when it’s opened!
Here’s some basic directions for the Double Gate Fold Card:
- Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 12″ piece of Designer Paper (easier if you use paper without “up & down”
- Score at 2″, 4″, 8″, & 10
- With a ruler make a mark up the 5 1/2″ side of the paper at 2 3/4″ on both sides
- Cut from this mark to the second score line on both sides
- Flip the cut off triangle over and adhere on the bottom of the card, allowing you to see both sides of the beautiful paper
- Inside: Cut Card stock 5 ¼ X 3 ¾ & top with Whisper White 5 X 3 ½
If you’d rather follow along in class to make this card, come to one of my April Cards, Etc. Classes!
2 dates to choose from:
- Monday, April 24th at 10 am or
- Saturday, April 29th at 2 pm
Now hop on over to see what Nichole has made for our Spring Fever Hop!